Hematology is a deapartment that learns blood, haematopoiesis organs and blood diseases. This department includes methods of etiology, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention of the circulatory system and hematopoiesis diseases.
The main disease groups included in the hematology:
- Disorders in the formation formed elements of blood and hemoglobin synthesis;
- Disruption of the formed elements of blood;
- Disorders of functions of the formed elements of blood;
- Disorders of functions of blood coagulation system function;
- Blood clotting inside the vein;
- Transformation of bone marrow and lymph node cells to malignant tumors.
Hemostasis system is composed functional-morphological and biochemical mechanisms that allows the blood to remain in liquid form, bleeding prevention and integrity of blood vessels.
When the body does not occur in any pathological process, normal blood circulation is achieved as a result of interaction between coagulation and anticoagulation. However, primary and secondary hemostatic system is activated in cases of vascular injury.
Primary hemostasis consists of vascular spasm (1), platelet adhesion (2), platelet activation and aggregation (3). Secondary hemostasis forms a hemostatic fibrin plug or clot. As a result of these two different systems hemostasis is provided in the body.
Coagulation tests are scheduled at the time of unknown bleeding and anticoagulant treatment.
- If patient has hereditary tendency to bleeding, specific tests should be performed and not be limited with routine analyzes;
- Obtaining abnormal results in the initial tests that requires the identification of larger spectrum tests;
- Investigation of acute hemostatic disorder. This case requires patients with severe hemostatic disorder, either during surgery or after surgery.
Hematological analyzes are performed in full automated Sysmex blood analyzers.